IELTS is something student should take in to account when they of studying in Germany or USA. The IELTS exams comes in two Ways. There include the IELTS General and the IELTS Academic. Both Exams are graded the same way. The only thing you should know is that IELTS Academic is design for students and the IELTS General is design for the general public as the name indicates. The exams is conducted in Four parts in the following order: Listening Test,Reading Test Writing test and Speaking Test. When taken up the Listening, Writing and Reading test, The examiner does not give any break for the student. This means all the three test are conducted on the same day. The peaking part of the exam is can either take place a day before or after the Listening, reading and writing test is conducted. It may take you some few days before you take the speaking test. This is to give time to student going in for the exam to prepare them self well as its the most important part of the IELTS exam.
[toggle_item title=”IELTS Academic” active=”true”]
The IELTS Academic measures English Language proficiency for an academic and higher learning environment. This exam is available for all test takers irrespective your objectives. The exam can be breaking in to the following sections.
- Listening Part: This part include Four recorded monologue and one conversations. 30 minutes time is allocated for you and 10 minutes Extra is given for you to transfer your answers to your answer sheet.
- Reading: The examiners will allocate 60 minutes time in this section. This part include three long passages with task. The text range from descriptive and factual to the discursive analytical. It also include non-verbal materials such as diagrams, graphics or illustration. Remember that these text are authentic, taken from journal or newspaper. So you are advice to read some this newspapers and journals alone side the reading materials given to you by the institute.
- Writing: The writing task is of at least 150 words where you must be able to summaries, Describe or explain a table, Graphs, Chart or Diagram. Its also include a Short essay task of at least 250 words. So, when going you have to be ready and well prepared. The Time allocated for the section is 60 minutes.
- Speaking: The speaking part of the exam is only for 11 to 14 minutes. Its the shortest part of the exam. It is a face to face session. But don’t be tense as the discussion will be on familiar topics. Something you know already. All you need to do is to give a structure description once the examiner ask you the question. For example, the examiner may asked you to take about your favorite meal or food or even something you like
[toggle_item title=” IELTS General Training.” active=”true”]
The IELTS exam is measures in practicals, everyday context or activities. The exam reflect what you do both on your work place and your social situations. It is also categories in to four part as was the case with IELTS Academic. Only the Speaking part is the same for both but the others are different. The IELTS General is categories as shown below
- Listening: Here 40 minutes is given (30 minutes for listening and 10 extra for you to transfer you answers to your answer sheet). It include Four Monologues and conversations just like in the IELTS Academic.
- Reading. There are three reading passages with tasks. Section one contain two or three short Factual texts . the second Section includes two short, work related factual texts. The third section include one longer text on a topic of general interest. The text a real and taken from Companies hand books and official documents. The reading part is for 60 minutes.
- Writing: In the is part the examiner will give you a task to write a letter with at least 150 words and a small essay task of at lest 250 words
- The Speaking Part is the same. 11 too 14 minutes of structure discussion with the examiner which can either be before or after the day of the other three parts of the exam.