[acc_item title=”How do I apply to universities in Germany?“]

Each university in Germany has its own requirements, application process and deadlines. Depending on which university you will be applying, it is important to follow the required procedure and apply as early as possible.

Indian Institute of Foreign Languages offers immigration services for students wishing to apply to German universities. If you have any further questions, feel free to write to us at uniadmissioniifl@gmail.com or talk to our student counsellor at Banashankari or Marathahalli branch.[/acc_item]
[acc_item title=”What is the fee structure for applying to German Universities? Can I do my education in Germany for free?“]

Most of the Universities normally have no tuition fees or may have nominal fees for higher degree programs like Bachelor’s or Master’s degree. However some private Universities charge relatively high tuition fees for these courses.[/acc_item]
[acc_item title=”Is German language compulsory to study in Germany in English language“]

No. There large number of Degree Courses taught in English for International students. But, sometimes some degree Courses are being taught in English and German Both. German language classes can be taken up simultaneously during the degree program.

However, for day to day activities and maybe for getting a job after Maters, knowing the German Language could prove fruitful.

[acc_item title=”How long does a German Master’s degree take?“]

Usually the course duration is 1.5 years – 2 years from university of Applied Science. But it varies from 2 years to 4 years in Technical Universities.[/acc_item]
[acc_item title=”Is IELTS / TOEFL mandatory for admission into German universities?“]

Yes, it is mandatory to take IELTS/ TOEFL English proficiency test to apply for German Universities.[/acc_item]
[acc_item title=”Are there any age limits to apply for International degree programs (Masters and Ph.D.) in Germany?“]

No, there are no age limitations for applying to any of these degrees in Germany.[/acc_item]
[acc_item title=”Will I be allowed to work while studying in Germany?“]

Absolutely, In Germany, international students can start doing part-time jobs after completion of 3 months of their stay in Germany simultaneously while pursuing their degrees and can work up to 120 full days or 240 half days in a year.[/acc_item]
[acc_item title=”What documents do I need when I apply for a student visa?“]

The most important documents required while applying for student visa are: University Admission letter, Travel Insurance, Amount into the Blocked Account (8040 Euros).[/acc_item]
[acc_item title=”Do I have to open a German bank account?“]

Yes, you need to open a “Blocked Account” at Deutsch bank branch in India and transfer a minimum of 8040 Euros for meeting the basic amenities like rent, health insurance etc. the amount will debited directly from this account, while you are in Germany.[/acc_item]
[acc_item title=”Will I be liable to tax deductions if I work in Germany?“]

On an average a student can earn a minimum wage of 450 euros per month and this is not income tax deductible in Germany.[/acc_item]
[acc_item title=”What is the stay back period after completing Masters?“]

International students are given an opportunity to stay back for 18 months after the completion of their studies, so that they can apply for a suitable permanent employment in Germany.[/acc_item]
[acc_item title=”How can I get the residence permit?“]

Residence permit for international students is issued for a period of two years and this has to be extended before it expires.[/acc_item]
[acc_item title=”Can I bring my spouse and children to Germany while I am studying over there?“]

If the residence permit is for duration that is longer than one year, than family reunification is possible, provided they meet certain requirements as specified by the German Embassy.[/acc_item]
[acc_item title=”What are the lodgement facilities available for students in Germany?“]

Being a student you can find accommodation at student residences, shared accommodation or an apartment. In case if you find difficulty in finding these accommodations, then you can also look for temporary accommodation provided either by the university or you could you stay in a student hostel or at hotels until a better economical lodgement facility is arranged.[/acc_item]